Searching for a pet friendly hotel in Southern California? Look no further than West Hollywood. Home to 1,000 dogs per square mile, West Hollywood’s pet policies truly reflect the core values of the city. West Hollywood designed a law that pets are to be called “companions” and their owners “guardians” and was the first city in the country to outlaw the de-clawing of cats.
Pet Friendly Hotel Details - Fees, Weight Restrictions and Special Services:
- Best Western Sunset Plaza Hotel – no pets
- Chamberlain West Hollywood — Pets up to 25lbs, $100 fee
- The Charlie Hotel — Pets under 60lbs, non-refundable $100 fee per stay
- Grafton on Sunset – pet friendly, $100 fee
- Le Montrose Suite Hotel — Up to 100lbs — $100 one time fee, Doggy bowls, can arrange dog walking service
- Le Parc Suites Hotel – $75 fee, no weight limit
- The London West Hollywood Hotel – Mascot Garbanzo – every wed and sat, allow dogs under 25lbs, $100 fee, walking service, beds, bowls
- Mondrian Hotel – no pets
- Palihouse Holloway – pet friendly, $150 fee, under 45lbs, can find services
- Petit Ermitage – small dogs, $150 pet fee
- Ramada Plaza West Hollywood – no pets
- The Standard Hotel – pets up to 125lbs, $100 fee
- Sunset Marquis — small dogs up to 15 lbs, with a flat fee of $150
- Sunset Tower – $100 deposit, pet amenities – bed, bowl, treats, could arrange for someone to walk dog
Once settled, take your pet shopping and dining! In West Hollywood, you’ll often see people out walking and dining with their pets at outdoor cafes and coffee shops.
Many of West Hollywood’s hotels are pet-welcoming. The Le Montrose Suite Hotel, The London West Hollywood Hotel, and The Sunset Tower Hotel all offer various pet amenities such as doggy bowls, treats, beds, and can arrange for a dog walker.
The London West Hollywood Hotel has a bulldog ‘mascot’ named Garbanzo who makes appearances throughout the week. The Sunset Marquis Hotel and Villas, Chamberlain West Hollywood, Grafton on Sunset, Le Parc Suites, Palihouse Holloway, The Standard, and Le Petit are also pet friendly.
Located around the city are several unique pet stores such as Healthy Spot or Collar & Leash. Around Santa Monica Boulevard are several dog washing services, animal hospitals, and curbside dog stations.
Wells Fargo Bank branch on Santa Monica Boulevard allows guardians to open pet accounts where the pet receives an ATM card with the animal’s name, and while you wait there are dog treats and water bowls available.
Indulge your dog in the ultimate luxury. The Club Beverly Hills, nestled on the border of Beverly Hills and West Hollywood, is an exclusive country club where expert staff provides unprecedented care and attention to each dog.
The Club Beverly Hills teaches socialization, manners, nutrition, health and fitness and is the perfect spot for LA’s most powerful dogs to socialize with like-minded peers, enjoy a Jacuzzi soak, grab a gourmet meal, see their private doctor or fit in a quick workout. Members enjoy state of the art facilities including a fitness course, day cottages and overnight villas, spa, salon and restaurant-grade kitchen, concierge.
During special events in the city, pets can get in on the action too. The City of West Hollywood sponsors an animal walk and pet appreciation days throughout the year, which have in the past featured pet psychics and dog activities. During Halloween the week prior to October 31st, animals can participate in a doggie costume contest in West Hollywood Park.
If you’d like to take your dog hiking, West Hollywood is in close proximity to Runyon Canyon hiking trail and dog park in Hollywood, a popular moderate workout through the Hollywood Hills with a view of the Hollywood Sign and a chance to take your dog off-leash and socialize with other Hollywood dogs out for a stroll.