Get ready for 40 Days of LGBTQ Arts in WeHo! One City One Pride (May 22 through June 30) is an arts festival of mostly free events held in WeHo that celebrate Pride month. Enjoy interactive, performing and visual arts all around town.
One City, One Pride’s theme “I Remember” – honors our shared history, and the people and events that paved the way for the rights we hold dear today.
- June 19: Celebration Theatre Chuck Rowland Award: Billy Porter
- June 20: Screening of “When Bette Met Mae,” about the first meeting of Bette Davis and Mae West at a dinner party in West Hollywood
- June 22-23: New Stages present Heroic Lives, an original musical based on the life stories of, and performed by, LGBTQ seniors
- June 24: Summer Sounds concert with Mariachi Arcoiris, the world’s only LGBTQ mariachi
- June 25: Women in Film: “Jewel’s Catch One”
- June 26: Lambda Lit Book Club
- June 27: Outfest West Hollywood Series: Community Collaborator Film Guide Review
- June 30: TransLifeLA PoPUp Film Festival
Visual Arts Exhibitions You Can’t Miss!
- Adelaide Drive: Christopher Isherwood and Don Bachardy – artwork by Wayne Shimabukuro and Don Bachardy at the West Hollywood Library (on view all of May and June)
- Lost & Found: Safer Sex Activism – ONE Gallery, 626 N Robertson Blvd. (on view all of May and June)
- Rashaad Newsome – digital billboard artwork (between advertisements) on the Sunset Strip
- Do You: Memoirs of the Promethean Sisters – an exhibit and shrine to performer Leigh Bowery (June 25-29)
- Heroes and History of the LGBTQ Civil Rights Movement – on temporary construction fencing at 8120 Santa Monica Blvd. (on view all of May and June)